Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lab #1 Reflection

Hi!

For the first lab I learned how to use Packet Tracer, and the ability to configure and operate a server using 2 routers, 2 PC's, 1 switch, and 1 Eagle Server. At first, the task was a bit confusing because when i gathered all of the materials displayed in the lab, they were all red besides the 2 PC's and the switch. The problem was that i didn't correctly configure the routers with the servers. I also, had to setup the network and the network gateway using the 2 PC's (One of which, were the host). The settings to configure the devices were on the sheet of paper in the lab instructions and on the device itself (Of course).

After i had input all of the numbers in the correct device (including the gateway ip, host ip, and the subnet ip) there was still a physical problem with the devices. I had the switch the ports from off to on (Otherwise the device is just a simple piece of "brick"), after all that work the server was good and running smoothly. Now was the part where I diagnose the computer. I requested a message from the computer (Non-host) to the eagle server. I checked on bottom-right part of my screen to see the status of the message and the status of my network, and it was a successful connection.

As a result, i learned the main mechanics of how to operate the eagle server to be online, and to make the PC host communicate with the server using routers, switches, and cables.

No comments:

Post a Comment